The IBS wideband low phase noise microwave frequency synthesizer covers the full 100 MHz to 20 GHz tuning range with a tuning step size of 10 Hz and with tuning speed of less than 200 microseconds. Based on Elcom’s proprietary PLL indirect frequency synthesizer technology which utilizes high speed digital signal processing, the IBS is a cost-effective solution for a wide range of demanding frequency synthesizer applications. An AM modulator, a fast pulse modulator, and multiple 60 dB range variable attenuators are integrated within the IBS system. While the IBS is often used as stand-alone laboratory instrument, with its exceptional RF performance, signal control features, and options for interface and packaging, the fast tuning IBS is ideal in the ATE environment and in OEM systems.
Application of the latest semiconductor technologies for microwave and digital circuitry within the IBS reduces parts count and reduces power dissipation, leading to high system MTBF. The IBS is offered in two standard packaging and interface configurations: 19 inch rack-mount with GPIB interface, and 3 slot VME format.
The front panel is designed to allow all major functions to be operated easily and without extensive operator training. The operator is guided through various settings and operations via a multi-line LCD and keypad for data entry. All operating modes and features can be invoked from both the front panel and remote control interface. The unit can also be provided without the front panel interface and controlled exclusively via the remote control interface. The functions of the IBS/VMESG Series instruments are divided into groups on the front panel that make changing settings easier.
APPLICATIONS: Antenna Measurement, LAB Instrumentation, ATE
FREQUENCY RANGE: 0.1 to 20 GHz
- Wide Frequency Bandwidth: 0.1 to 20 GHz
- Fast Switching Speed: 200 usec, Full Band
- Exceptionally Clean Signal: -60 dBc Spurious
- -50 dBc (0.1 to 0.5 GHz) Harmonics
- -55 dBc (0 5 to 20 GHz ) Harmonics
- Low Phase Noise Floor: -153 dBc/Hz up to 6 GHz
- Low Phase Noise: -137 dBc/Hz, 20 KHz Offset at 1 GHz
- Ethernet Control
- Designed For High MTBF and Quick Service Time
- Optional Bands: 0.1 to 6.0 GHz, 2.0 to 18 GHz
- Switching Speed: 100 usec
- Low Phase Noise Option
- Modulation Option: AM, FM, Pulse
- 110 dB Attenuator (10 dB steps)
- RS-232 Interface
- GPIB Interface